Sunday, November 28, 2010

Restaurant Review: Di Fara Pizza

1424 Avenue J
at E. 15th St
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718) 258 - 1367

Pizza
Price: $2 - $35
Dine In, Take Out

So my buddy called me up yesterday afternoon and asked if I was in the mood for pizza. I was but little did I know that we would be traveling an hour and a half to Midwood, Brooklyn for the pizza. My buddy said that I won't be disappointed.

Di Fara Pizza's is located in Midwood Brooklyn. Its a little pizzeria on the corner of Avenue J and 15th Street. We got there around 6:30pm and they were just opening the door. In less than 5 minutes, the place was packed with patrons as everyone started ordering the hand-made pizzas by Domenico DeMarco who has been making pizzas for more than four decades. We were the second patrons to placed an order and luckily got a table. I went up to see Mr. DeMarco make his pizza and I would say, it was amazing to see him make his masterpiece. He was very delicate but intricate in making each pie and I could see that the patrons didn't mind the wait.

So we ordered one special pie and two slices of the square pie. We also had to wait but it sure was worth it. We first got our square slices and I was so hungry that I decided to take a first bite. Big mistake, it was fresh out of the oven and kinda burn my tongue a bit. Anyway, the slice was really good, the crust ws well cook and the cheese just melts into your mouth. The basil gave it a touch of color and fragrance. It was worth my tongue getting burned.


Then our pie came and you could just see everyone eying the pie, freshly out of the oven. The special pie ($35) is made up of fresh mozzarella cheese, onions, Italian sausage, mushrooms and grated parmesan cheese topped with fresh basil which Domenico adds after pulling the pizza out of the oven. This was even better. The crust was crisps, the tomato sauce was sweet while the rest of the ingredients just made the whole pie look tempting and tasty. I took my time in eating my slices - smelling the aroma as I took each bite and let it sit inside my mouth - tasting all the fresh ingredients in my palate. I can't believe we finished the whole pie between my and my buddy.

So was it worth it to travel all the way to Brooklyn for Di Fara Pizza... you betcha

Fact: Di Fara has been only closed once - when Domenico De Marco had to have foot surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment