Monday, August 9, 2010

..of DJs, grapes, trail mix and vitamin water

So last Friday I headed to the city for John O'Callaghan and Matt Darey at Pacha. It turned out to be an epic night.

We got to the venue around midnight and luckily, I was still able to get in free using the guest list (no I'm not cheap, I just love saving money). The place was already thumping with Mike Saint-Jules warming out the crowd with progressive trance.

Then around midnight, Matt Darey took the booth and started of with See the Sun. I sure went crazy along with the crowd. His set was made up of vocal, progressive and melodic trance. Mostly from his album since this was part of his US Album Tour. He played Lost at Sea, Float My Boat (Moguai Remix), Lucy, Fedde Le Grand's Back N Forth and close his set with Black Flower. The crowd was surely pumped up with his set.

Then came John O'Callaghan, who was introduced by Matt Darey. Now if Matt ripped the dance floor, JOC tored it apart. His set was purely melodic and uplifting playing tunes such as BT's Every Other Way, and Jon O'Bir's Found A Way and Markus Schulz's Perception mixing it up with his tunes such as Find Yourself, Out of Nowhere and Never Fade Away. If Matt Darey's set was a roller coaster ride, JOC's set was up up and away.  And he even played all the tunes I requested.

Afterwards, while waiting outside the venue, my friends came up with Matt Darey. And we continued the party till the morning hours.

EPIC!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment