Monday, August 16, 2010

For the love of Trance

I have been listening to music since I was in 4th grade when I discovered that I could sing (apparently) and was always included in the class choir. I do listen to most genre but I fell in love more with trance due to the beats and the melodies that trance producer come up with.

Not a lot of friends knew trance though so I would usually just listen to it at home while I would be singing out r&b and pop to the girls or with my friends.

So I would continue listening to music as I grew up. At work, at school, at the library (ssshhh), at train station, in the bus, on the subway. Whenever I can I would listen and would usually hum as well.

Then ASOT 400 was aired and I realize, why should I kept listening to trance at home when I could do it anywhere. ASOT surely open it up for me. Now, its the first genre I listen to from the moment I wake up till the time I go to sleep.

The problem with Trance is how it is perceived by others. People associated trance with drugs. How attendees need to take drugs just to enjoy this music? Its really a bad misconception only heighten by recent tragic event that happen in the West Coast.

But trance, like all other genre, can be truly enjoyed without drugs and alcohol. Its a genre that brings together people from all walks of life. Different backgrounds, different religions, different language, but we all share one commonality - and that is the Love for Trance.

Trance allowed me to meet some really cool people not only from different parts of the country but the rest of the world. And we do keep in touch not only to listen to trance but also to talk about our lives, our ambitions, our problems, our resolutions.

In closing, I would just say one thing. Forget all the negative perception, listen to trance once, who knows, you might end up liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment