Sunday, August 1, 2010

Korea Day at Central Park

So last Friday, I trek down Central Park's Naumberg Bandshell to check out "Korea Day." The festivities was the first of its kind in New York City and marks the 60th Anniversary of the Korean War and also celebrate Korean Cuisine.

It sure was an interesting afternoon. The place was packed not only with Koreans but also New Yorkers and tourist from all walks of life. Of course, the free tasting surely help as I could see people flocking to the festivities and calling their friends to tell them about it. Of course visitors got a chance to see Korean culture with various demonstrations and acts throughout the festivities such as the making of bi bim bap on a five-foot circumference bowl. You can even try on a traditional Korean clothing, the Hanbok

Now I have been to K-Town in the city before so I am somewhat familiar with Korean cuisines. But having numerous cuisines in one place made my taste buds go wild. There was Korean chicken wings courtesy of Bonchon Chicken. Kimchee Tacos and Bibimbop courtesy of Kum Gang San. Kimchi Chili from Mama O's Premium Kimchi, Instant Noodles from Nongshim, Japchae from Kun Suh and Saewoo Mandu from Chom Chom among others.  I also tried the Aloe Juice which was really good.

Anyway,I do have pictures but I left my cord somewhere else so I'll put on the images tomorrow

P7303282 P7303291 Saewoo Mandu P7303299 P7303300

P7303308 P7303332 P7303310 P7303314 Jap Che with Sauce

Korea Day website

No comments:

Post a Comment