Thursday, January 13, 2011

Laidback Luke at Pacha

Laidback Luke at Pacha
Last weekend, I headed to my first gig of 2011. The act - Laidback Luke. The location - Pacha NYC.

Because of the snowstorm the previous day, I was afraid that Laidback Luke will not be able to make it to the gig but luckily the storm didn't cause a lot of delays and cancellations and he arrived in New York with plenty of time to spare.  

Junior Sanchez at Pacha
So I got to Pacha and it was already getting crowded. Junior Sanchez opened for Laidback Luke (LBL) and he played a mix of house, hip hop and pop tunes and got the crowd pump for LBL. The only problem with Pacha is that it gets really too crowded especially if they have a DJ who plays mostly House and Electro. 

Laidback Luke at Pacha
As the night progress, I got separated from my friends but was still in the middle of the dance floor head bopping and fist pumping to Junior Sanchez's set. Then it was Laidback Luke's time and his started off really strong as the crowd converged into the dance floor making it really hard to move and do anything other than going with the flow of the crowd. There will be instant when you the crowd tapers off only to be squeeze back again. But this didn't deter me again from enjoying LBL's set. I think he really played into the crowd with his set compose of house, techno, electro, hip hop and pop. One of his tune was a mashup of Nirvana's Smell Like A Teen Spirit and Fedde Le Grand's Back n Forth (see it here). He ended his set around 3 in the morning and Junior Sanchez came back to close out the night. Me and my friend did leave early because Pacha was over crowded that they wont even let us go down during the time we want to leave to get our coats because, according to the bouncers, "it was too packed." I really had the feeling that they oversold tickets for this event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment