Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year that was 2010.. Finale

And now for my own Year End Review...

Ah, 2010, the year that has seen my ups and down. It sure was a year to remember for good and bad.

This was the year where I went to more gigs than ever before starting with Ferry Corsten at Nokia Theater in February all the way to Kaskade at Pacha in November. Lets see, I believe I went to at least 10 gigs this year and a couple where truly memorable. ASOT 450, Electric Zoo, Andy Moor, Matt Darey and John O'Callaghan, Andy Moor and Ronski Speed, and Markus Schulz. I was also glad to be able to meet some of the finest DJs around - Ferry Corsten, Markus Schulz, Roger Shah, Giuseppe Ottaviani, Andy Moor (who gave me his drink), M.I.K.E., DJ Eco, The Thrillseeker, John O'Callaghan, Fedde Le Grand, Filo and Peri, Matt Darey and Marco V. The most memorable would be meeting Matt Darey, thats when the GTV crew was born. To all the DJs who came and grace NYC with their djing abilities, THANK YOU and keep on Trancing!!

This year was also the year that i finally was able to go on a vacation after 4 years of taking none. I went to Vegas with "the Boys" hoping to catch the "Pacman" fight but the fight was moved to Dallas. Oh well, we still had a great time partying it up at Haze nightclub, relaxing at the MGM pool, eating at Craftsteak and Bouchon. To the Las Vegas crew, we sure partied like a G6

Also this summer, I finally went to the beach after.. umm.. I dont know for how long. It sure was a needed break and relaxation even though Pt. Pleasant was packed the day we went. I got a tanned, got stuffed with seafood and got home all tired - just like an ordinary beach day. Thank you to the Pt. Pleasant crew and more beach trips the new year.

To Guggenheim, MAD and Whitney, thank you for those private viewings.

I went to a lot of events this year as well from tastings to festivals. And the good thing, it didn't really cost me that much. To Johnnie Walker, Dewars, and Macallan, thanks for having tasting sessions. And to Lexus, thanks for a great event at Marquee.

For all the ups, theres always downs...

I started the year with a really bad right ankle sprain that happened in late 2009 which prevented me from running for awhile. And I vowed to myself not to get hurt like that again. But on Halloween, I was in an accident and fractured my sternum. Doctors told me that it will take 6-8 weeks to heal and even though its heal, the doctor highly recommends that I take it easy working out. Those six weeks were brutal as I feel so weak seeing people running or doing stuff that I would normally do. And its also the reason why I miss most of the gigs in November and December. Well, its been always eight weeks since the accident, I could do the normal things I usually do but I could still feel my sternum is not completely heal. Of course, having a cold is not helping at all. And I was hoping to begin the New Year healthy, I guess I wont. But I'm just happy I'm alive since the car was totaled. If it was a different circumstances, I would probably be not writing this.

Also, this year I knew people who loss someone dear to them and its heart-breaking when it happens during the holiday season. I know how hard it is to lose someone dear to you since I lost both grandmas in a span of a year and I was pretty close to them. We just have to continue living our lives and at least try to continue the legacy that they have started.

Well I'm still single, my last relationship was about 2 years ago and ever since that time, I have not really found the girl that I'm looking for. Maybe I have become too picky. At least my mom is not bugging me that much anymore on when am I going to have a girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm afraid to be in a relationship, it's just every girl I went out with, I just can't get over their flaws - not that I am perfect. I'm pretty sure I have flaws too.

Ok, enough for the sad parts..

This year, it was a privileged to be part of the Forty Under 40 club. The Forty Under 40 is awarded to individuals, under the age of 40, who have made great strive not only in business but also in community service. This is the second year in a row that I have gotten an award that I could truly show off (even though I don't). Hopefully, I could make it three years in a row.

I always had a chance to see my best buddy from college this year after 3 years. It sure was great reliving the good old college days. Hopefully your work will bring you back here and hopefully you will get the suite again with the spectacular view of Central Park.

The VIP at Knicks-Heat game - wow, that was an awesome experience that I would never forget. Met with some Knicks Legends, watch the game on the Luxury Suite with all the food and drinks possible, got a chance to meet some of the current Knicks player. And of course, being able to stand in Center Court of Madison Square Garden. That is definitely one of my bucket list. Thank you American Express and Momentum for picking me.

This Year I met a lot of new friends, especially those who are in #TranceFamily. It all started during ASOT 400 and the family just exploded! Even DJs started using the hashtag on Twitter. I've talked to most of you and even met some of you. It sure was a fun 2010 from ASOT 450 to Electric Zoo. I am so glad to be part of this family, as the song goes "In Every Beat We're Closer." To the original members of #trancefamily down newest ones, we have to make new memories in 2011. And of course for the #GTV crew, more fun times together! Keep on trancing everyone and see you during ASOT 500.

The year saw me tweet a lot, I don't know if thats a good thing or not but without Twitter, there would be no #Trancefamily

And now for more thanks....

To my buddies for the Night Outs in the city, we always paint the town whatever color we want to and most of the time, we all have a good time.. KAMPAI!!!!

To the family who has been treating me as a member of the family. Stay strong during this time of trial and tribulation. You have always help me out from the day I've met you and I am here to always help out in which ever way I could.

To my colleagues who always look out for me - even though we all held different position, we all still treat each other equally. And for that I give you Thanks.

To Twitter, even though you have sent me to #twitterjail a couple of times, I still need to thank you because if its not for Twitter, there wouldn't be #trancefamily.

And to those who will read this last blog post for the year 2010, thank you for reading it. It sure has been a journey filled with good and bad memories. Time to make new ones in 2011.

Now stop reading this and go have wicked time ushering in 2011!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment