Monday, April 12, 2010

Restaurant Review: Sarita's Macaroni and Cheese

345 East 12th Street,
New York, NY 10003
(212) 358 - 7912

American, Mac and Cheese
Price: $1.50 - $47.00
Dine In, Take Out, Delivery

Sarita's Macaroni & Cheese or better known as "S'MAC" is a nice little eatery located in Manhattan's East Village. It open its door on June 24, 2006.

So I went to the place with a friend before we headed to another friend's party. This place sure stands out from its neighborhood with Orange and Yellow-Greenish front walls with glass pane surrounded by black outline. Once you are inside, the place is of typical NYC eateries - small but cozy with a combination of high and low tables and chairs. The high chairs are cushioned while the regular chairs are plastics. There is also sitting with the window view even though their isn't really a view. The interiors is surrounded by brick wall and the lighting made the whole place look - well, mac and cheese.

Sure was hard to choose which one to order while reading each description of their recommendation but I ended up getting the Nosh Napoletana with regular elbow served with breadcrumbs.

The waiting time wasn't long, I would say it took about 10 minutes from the time I ordered to the time my mac and cheese arrived. And it sure smell good when it did, the mac and cheese was in a cast iron skillet serve over a wooden serving plate. It sure looks tempting.

After taking this image on the left, I started munching away on my mac and cheese. The fresh mozzarella was delicious while I could easily taste the roasted tomatoes and garlic with the aroma of the fresh basil. I tell you though, even for a small size, it can make you feel full.

My buddy told me he has tried the other varieties that Sarita's have and like it. Guess I have to do the same thing as well.


Sarita's Mac & Cheese website

No comments:

Post a Comment