Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Thank You"

"Thank You"

Only two words but packs a punch. Saying those two words or being told has a lot of effect on someone. Where i work requires a lot of helping and once in awhile, being told "thank you" uplifts my spirit and inspires me to do more work. Sometimes, work can be really grueling. People come in and asked you tons of question (sometimes stupid) regarding this and that and sometimes you just get so overwhelmed with question that you are eager just to leave everything done and walking out. Usually, you wont hear anyone thanking us (me and my coworkers). They would regard you as someone who was hired there to answer their questions. Sometime, i just want to tell these people that they dont pay me for what im doing here.

Its like one of the days, I helped a couple of people, answering their question or guiding them to different steps on things that they have to do. Usually I have the patience with this and ignore it but today was one of those days when you wish no one would bother you. I was so eager to leave eventhough it wasnt time yet but there were two old ladies who came in and ask for help. Eventhough I had one foot out of the door, i cant just leave them there without any help. So i sat down, answered thier questions and guide them through what they need. Then one of the ladies said, 'Thank You'. While the other one said, "Im glad you were here, ur my favorite helper". Ahh, those kind words brought smile to my face and I left with a sense of accomplishment and made me feel that my job is worthy.

   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment