Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Creature of Habits

Animals are not the only ones that are creature of habits. We do as well and that's a fact!

From the time you wake up until the time you go to sleep, we go about our business doing things the way we want it to be done. What we eat for breakfast, how we take your coffee, even we you greet people etc.

We don't usually realize that we do the same thing in order to achieve something or finish a task because we have been doing it over and over again. But just stop, sit down, and just recount the things we did and what we did to accomplish those task, we will come into a realization that indeed, we do it the same all the time.

Even those that aren't daily activities are affected. Think of something you don't do often.

I myself do certain things similarly everyday like I turn my alarm clock to face me when I go to bed and turn it away from me when I wake up. How I lock my door the certain way. How I start my work day by turning my computer on, opening my desk and then standing up and going to the break room to get a cup of tea. Or even how I brush my teeth.

But what happens when our habits get skewed?

Yes, it does happen. There are certain days when you wake up late and have to skip that run to the coffee shop. Or suddenly you have to make a detour. Or someone move things around and it throws you off.

Some can get back on track easily figuring ways to compensate to get back into the habit of things. While some just looses track and ruins the rest of their day or night. So it depends on the individual.

So before you go to bed tonight, rewind your day and she what you did. Then think of another day when you had to do the same thing and you will realize that you did the same steps / habits to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment